Penang’s Accelerator for Creative, Analytics & Technology (@CAT) is a project under the Penang State Government via investPenang aimed at accelerating tech & creative startups, entrepreneurs and founders with the connection and access to mentors, training, shared facilities & space, professional assistance and other value added services that will move them onto the fast track of success.
1) What is the @CAT co-working space?
This is a space that brings entrepreneurs, developers, designers, marketers, freelancers from the tech-related sector together providing a space to conduct their business in an interactive environment.
2) What are the @CAT co-working space operating hours like?
We operate from Monday - Friday, 9.00 am-6.00 pm. However, if you subscribe to our ‘Gold Pass’, you will be granted 24-hours access.
3) What should I bring to work at @CAT co-working space?
Bring exactly what you would bring when you are going to work from a coffee shop. Be mindful of your belongings, take care of them and make sure you don’t leave them behind. Locker storage services are provided should you need it! (Applicable for certain pass holders only).
4) Can I bring my pets?
As much as we love pets, they are not allowed in the @CAT space.
5) Can I bring my kids?
Sorry. Kids are not conducive to our work environment, we strongly advise you to not bring them to co-working space. We seek for your kind understanding.
6) I communicate through phone calls a lot. Will this be an issue?
@CAT space operates on mutual respect. If you have a conversation that turns private, feel free to take it outside to the beautiful outdoors.
7) Can I use the @CAT as my business address?
Certainly, but this only applies to ‘Gold Pass’ holders only. Kindly check our pricing page on @CAT’s official website for further details.
8) How do I become a member of the @CAT co-working space?
Kindly tour our co-working space section in our official website and fill up the application form. We’ll be in touch within 48 hours.
9) Can I stop by when I’m in the area or do I need to make an appointment?
We have reserved 10 daily passes for walk-in co-workers. However, it is advisable that you schedule your visit in advance to ensure availability of space. Kindly drop us an email at [email protected] to schedule a visit.
10) Do I have to sign a lease agreement?
No. The @CAT co-working space is Membership-based only, therefore no leases are required. However, members are required to understand and agree the Terms and Conditions and House Rules before using the space regardless the type of passes they select.
11) How long does a company get to stay at @CAT co-working space?
All members will sign an initial Membership agreement upon confirmation, ranging from one month to nine months. @CAT co-working space is designed to be as flexible and convenient as possible to help you kickstart and grow your business in the way that works best for you.
12) Is there any phone services at @CAT co-working space?
Sorry, we do not provide phone services for co-workers.
13) Can guests visit me at co-working space?
Sorry, we do not allow any guests in without registration. However, your guest/s can register himself/ herself/ themselves as qualified co-workers whom agreement complies to our Terms and Conditions as well as the House Rules to use the space.
14) I am a current member and would like to invite a friend to join. Does @CAT Co-working space have a referral program?
At this moment, we do not have any referral programs.
15) Does the @CAT co-working space caters to tech-related applicants only?
Yes. If you are unsure which sector or category you fall into, kindly send us an email at [email protected] for clarity.
16) Is there any restriction on dress code?
@CAT space operates on mutual respect. We seek your kind understanding to dress modestly as Malaysia is formed by different ethnic, cultures and values which have made Malaysia so unique.
17) What kind of facilities can I enjoy if I were to sign up for the co-working space?
Kindly refer to our pricing page in our official website for more details.
18) Do you offer discounts for multiple members from the same company?
At this moment, we do not have such package available. We are trying our best to give you the best rate for co-working space.
19) I would like to use the co-working space for only 2 weeks. Can I pay the fee by dividing the monthly package?
Sorry you are unable to do so. You may pay for different packages, ranging from daily pass (Bronze) to monthly pass (Silver or Gold) to suit your schedule.
20) How soon will I get to know my application status?
We will get back to you within 48 hours after receiving your application. For special cases, further processing time may take place to allow @CAT’s management team to go through.
21) What kind of payment method do you accept?
Currently we accept ATM bank transfer / cash deposit / online transfer only.
22) Should I wait until the 1st of the month to join?
No. Whichever the date is, the day you start will be taken as the beginning of your agreement. You don’t have to wait, join us!
If you have questions that isn’t answered above, please feel free to drop us an email at [email protected] and we’ll get back to you shortly.