1. The following terms and conditions apply to all memberships:
a) Memberships are on a first come, first served basis.
b) The @CAT co-working space is only open to:-
- Tech & creative startup teams, entrepreneurs & founders
- Tech & creative community builder/ organizer
- Age 18 and above
c) Operation type of business
- Tech & creative startups that are known by the community
- Mobile & web app developer
- Digital designer, creative, artist, animator, videographer
- Game developer
d) All activity inside @CAT should be of a legal business nature only. Any non-business use is reason for immediate membership revocation.
e) Members are not allowed to make retail sales from the @CAT facility, nor are members allowed to operate any manufacturing equipment of any kind inside @CAT.
2. Description of Services: @CAT may provide you with access to office space, work stations, internet access, office equipments, conference space, knowledge resources, and other services that may be offered from time to time (collectively, “Services”). The Services at all times are subject to the Terms and Conditions.
3. No unlawful or prohibited use: As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair @CAT’s server, or the network(s) connected to any @CAT server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any @CAT server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services.
4. Internet Policy: Wireless access to the Internet is provided during your membership. Service interruptions, should they occur, will be handled as promptly as possible by @CAT’s management. @CAT however is not responsible for any data, business or other losses as a result of such interruptions. You are responsible to protect your own computer and data from electrical surges, theft, virus or other malicious attack. @CAT is not responsible for any security breach of your computer or data. You agree not to resell any aspect of the Service, whether for profit or otherwise, share your IP address or ISP Internet connection with anyone, or to authorize any other individual or entity to use the Service. You agree that sharing the Service with another party breaches these Terms and Conditions and may constitute fraud or theft, for which @CAT reserves all rights and remedies. You have no proprietary ownership rights to a specific IP or other address, log-in name, or password that you use on our network. @CAT may change your address, log-in name, or password at any time. @CAT will assign you an IP address each time you access the Service and it will vary. You may not assign your address, log-in name, or password to any other person.
5. Use of Services: You agree that when participating in or using the Services, you will not:
a) Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
b) Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information on or through @CAT Services.
c) Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party;
d) Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan Horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another;
e) Download any file(s) that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner;
f) Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without the authorization or consent of the disclosing party;
g) Violate any applicable laws or regulations; and
h) Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
6. Daily Pass: Payment for daily fee is required at the time of entry. Daily fees may not be prorated or refunded. Daily Pass members must checkout by 6:00 p.m. each day (Monday - Friday).
7. Monthly Pass: Monthly memberships are paid a month in advance as deposit. All co-working space rental payments are non-prorated and non-refundable. Failure to timely pay the membership will result in fees and/or immediate termination of membership and termination of access to the facility.
8. Renewal: All renewal notice will be sent to members 2 weeks in prior as reminder. Should there be no response, the member’s membership is considered withdrawn.
9. Cancellation: Member are to provide written notification to @CAT’s management of their intent to cancel their membership 1 month in prior to expiry.
10. Deposit: Deposits will be collected in advanced for all members (RM 50.00) in order to secure the access card. Deposits will be forfeited in the event that members do not return their access card or respond to the renewal to @CAT’s management office within 1 week and will be blocked and blacklisted from accessing @CAT’s space.
11. Loss of Keycard Access: A penalty of RM 50.00 will be imposed for the loss of the keycard access. It will be directly deducted from the deposit collected in advance.
12. Membership is non-transferable.
13. Termination: @CAT may terminate any membership at any time for any reason, provided reasonable notice of such termination is provided to the member. Provided, however that to the extent these Terms and Conditions provide for immediate termination of membership, no additional notice must be provided to the member whose membership is terminated.
14. @CAT co-working space provides a means for independent tech & creative related operators to share information and collaborate on projects. This type of sharing and collaboration among members is highly recommended and encouraged.
15. Members agree that @CAT is in no way responsible for any personal injuries, property damage, lost & stolen items, or other liabilities that may be incurred during Member’s use of the facility. Thus, Members agree to release, indemnify and hold @CAT and its affiliated organizations harmless of any such claims, damages, losses, or expenses and releases them from any liability whatsoever related to Member’s use of @CAT.
16. Members hereby agree to defend, indemnify, and hold @CAT and its affiliated organizations harmless from and against any damages, loss, claim, suit and expense, including attorney fees and legal expenses, occasioned by or arising out of any claim for death, damage, or otherwise, which results from Member’s use of @CAT, and defect or alleged defect in the @CAT space, or the fault or negligence of @CAT.
17. @CAT has the right to deny or cancel memberships as it deems necessary for any reason whatsoever and Members agree to promptly remove any of Member’s property from the facility upon notice of cancellation of membership.
18. Meeting Rooms/ Discussion Rooms: Members must schedule the use of a room through @CAT’s management at [email protected]. Only tech & creative related activities are permitted in the room at all the times. Rooms must be reserved in advance.
19. @CAT is not responsible for the security of any member. Members acknowledge their own responsibility for its security at all times while in or near the @CAT space.
20. Building Entry: Members will be able to enter the building between 9:00 a.m and 6:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday) via the front entrance. Members whose membership provides for after-hours entry will be assigned card access to enter the building 24 hours a day. Members with access cards agree to keep those cards secured and confidential at all times and refrain from sharing them with any other party whatsoever. Any member who does so will be subject to immediate termination of membership.
21. Insurance: @CAT’s insurance does not extend any coverage to co-working members. @CAT co-working members are not required, but strongly advised to carry an insurance policy covering their own equipment and personal property when using the @CAT space. Consult with the carrier of your homeowner’s or business insurance to verify coverage.
22. Intellectual Property: Members may not, without the prior written consent of the named entity, use any of the following names in any advertising, brochures, or promotional materials: @CAT, Wisma Yeap Chor Ee, Penang Development Corporation (PDC) and InvestPenang.
a) You shall not place or allow anything to be placed in the common areas, offices, meeting space, or near glass windows, doors, partition or walls which may in @CAT’s judgment, appear unsightly from the common areas or from the outside of the building in which the Premises are situated (“Building”).
b) The sidewalks, halls, passages, exits, entrances, elevators, and stairways shall not be obstructed or used for any purposes other than for ingress to and egress from the Premises. The halls, passages, exits, entrances, elevators, and stairways are not for the use of the general public and @CAT shall, in all cases, retain the right to control and prevent access thereto by all persons whose presence in the judgment of @CAT, reasonably exercised, shall be prejudicial to the safety, character, reputation and interests of the Building.
c) You shall not cause any unnecessary janitorial labor or services by reason of your carelessness or indifference in the preservation of good order and cleanliness.
d) You shall not bring upon, use or keep in the Premises or the Building, any kerosene, gasoline, or flammable or combustible fluid or material, or use any method of heating or air conditioning other than that supplied by @CAT Management.
e) @CAT Management has the sole power to direct electricians as to where and other wires are to be introduced. No cutting of wires is to be allowed without the consent of @CAT management. The locations of office equipments affixed to the premises are determined by @CAT at its sole discretion.
f) You shall not install linoleum, tiles, carpets or other floor covering so that the same shall be affixed to the floor of the Premises except as approved by @CAT.
g) You shall ensure that all doors to the Premises to be closed and securely locked before leaving the Building.
h) In exception of @CAT’s gross negligence, you assume full responsibility for protecting the Premises from theft, pilferage, and robbery, which includes keeping doors locked and other means of entry to the Premises closed and secured.
i) You shall not bring furniture, equipment, machinery or appliances onto the premises without prior written approval by @CAT’s management.
j) You shall not change or install locks on doors or cabinets without prior written approval by @CAT’s management.
k) You shall give prompt notice to @CAT’s management of any accidents to or defects in plumbing, electrical fixtures, or heating apparatus reasonably known to you so the same may be attended to properly.
l) You shall not install, maintain or otherwise locate at @CAT any computer server of any kind, whether hardware or software.
m) Any violation of the above stated regulations regarding facilities may result in immediate termination of membership.